Stay Healthy this Holiday!
Updated: Nov 27, 2019
You can indulge and save yourself by following these easy tips!
The holidays are coming! Along with all the holiday cheer comes the less desirable side of things- decreased immune systems, high stress level, lack of sleep, lots of sugar and delicious treats that wreak havoc on our body. Below is a list of some quick reminders to keep you feeling your best this holiday season!
- Make lists! Of all foods you need to prep/cook, presents you need to buy, engagements you need to commit to. Getting it down on paper helps combat the stress of a long mental to-do list.
- Prepare prepare prepare! Don’t wait till the last minute to get your shopping done- that’s what black Friday and cyber Monday are for! Try and buy your groceries a few days ahead of time and even start prepping the food to make the day of cooking more efficient.
- Make time for yourself- its ok to say no to that extra holiday party. Its ok to get an extra hour of sleep and set time aside for self-care during this stressful time. It is your holiday as well, treat yourself to a weekly Epsom salt bath, a massage or come see us for an IR sauna session!
- Hydration! With the holiday season comes increased alcohol consumption. This can deplete many nutrients so make sure your eating healthy to replenish vitamin/mineral stores and drinking lots of water!
- Give you liver a little love! With all the extra fat, sugar and protein consumed during the holiday season, your liver takes a beating as its working overtime to process everything. Try incorporating more leafy greens and fresh herbs like cilantro into your diet to help provide the liver with a little extra nutrient support help!
One of the best parts of the holidays is all the delicious food! Just make sure you’re getting in at least 2 servings of vegetables every meal to help offset all the carbs, sugar, and low fiber and low nutrient food.